Carb problem - Skorpion Sport

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Carb problem - Skorpion Sport

Postby lavrentyuk » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:29 pm

My Sport needs a new slide carb float chamber. Where might i obtain one in the UK ? I note that Grahams in Taunton don't list carb parts on their website.

Also whilst taking the tank off I noticed a hole, with some sort of grommet, on the side of the air ducts to the air cleaner, on the right side of the bike. It isn't connected to anything but looks as if it should have a hose going into it. Any suggestions ? I cant see a reference to it in exploded diagrams etc.

Thanks chaps, in advance.

Richard.
Richard Marshall
Wales, U.K.
MuZ Skorpion Tour, ETZ 300 or two (one with a sidecar - really insane mode of transport), a couple of TS125s, ETZ 125, BMW R100S and an Enfield Interceptor for daily use.
(some of them work too).
lavrentyuk

Re: Carb problem - Skorpion Sport

Postby edfmaniac » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:52 pm

Pics would help on the hose issue. Is it the place where your crank case vent is supposed to plug into the airbox?

As far as your float bowl goes, the same carb came on the 94 xt600. You might find some good used ones online or rummage around the Yamaha parts houses to see if you can find one. I didn't see a part number listed for it on the first place I went so used may be your best bet.

The carb set is also known as the 3YF carb. You will see the same code on some engine internals if you ever open her up.
01 Skorpion Traveler 660
edfmaniac

Postby lavrentyuk » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:58 am

Thanks. I'll try to get some photographs up later and will spend some time casting about with breakers for the carb today before work.
Richard Marshall
Wales, U.K.
MuZ Skorpion Tour, ETZ 300 or two (one with a sidecar - really insane mode of transport), a couple of TS125s, ETZ 125, BMW R100S and an Enfield Interceptor for daily use.
(some of them work too).
lavrentyuk

Postby Dicer » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:59 am

If you mean this hole, the question was answered a few threads back...and nothing goes there.

Clive in Central Florida
'96 Skorpion Tour.
Dicer

Postby lavrentyuk » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:24 am

Thanks for that. Putting a photograph up was testing my technical abilities ! My mind is at rest on that subject now. It just looks wrong and unfinished.

I have obtained a used carburettor from a firm in the UK named BA bikes from whom I have had Skorpion parts previously. The part new, from Grahams, would have been £600 + !!!

Try to get it sorted on Friday now.
Richard Marshall
Wales, U.K.
(some of them work too).
lavrentyuk

Return to 660 cc