How much is it worth??

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

How much is it worth??

Postby Gijoerambo » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:25 pm

Hi all,

I have just came in to the possession of a yellow 94 760 Skorpion sport. 20k.
The bike runs sweet as a nut and is in overall great condition for its age, full year mot, great tyres etc, bike really doesn't need anything atall apart from a good clean and some scratches tidied /touched up.
I have had a chap interested in buying, however I'm hope you all could advise what my price range should be, or at least my minimum?
Thanks on advance.

Scott
Gijoerambo

Re: How much is it worth??

Postby edfmaniac » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:52 pm

You mean 660 or is it bored to some strange dimension? If stock and in good condition, I'd pay close to $3500 as a fan of the bikes. As someone just getting into it maybe $3000. As a seller, my bottom dollar would be $2000 if I needed it sold quickly and $2500 if was willing to wait it out. So start at $3500 and drop it $250 once a week until you hit your basement price. If the motor is modified, I wouldn't pay as much because you don't know what's been done, how well it was done, or how hard the bike has been ragged since the work was done.
01 Skorpion Traveler 660
edfmaniac

Postby Gijoerambo » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:18 am

Thanks for the input,

Apologies, it is a 660, that was a typo, the bike really is in great condition and fully standard, good news, of course I am in the UK so not sure how the prices will differ, I might go for a sale price of around £1000....

on the off chance that anyone is looking for one I will be finished preparation for sale within 1-2 weeks, just servicing it tonight.

Thanks

Scott
Gijoerambo

Postby edfmaniac » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:36 am

That seems very cheap. It should go fast unless the market over there is just non-existent. Over here, used bikes have gone up quite a bit in the last 5 years. 1000 Pounds is roughly $1500. That bike would be gone overnight in the Austin market at that price. I would even hesitate, thinking it was a scam, and request to meet at a safe location for a test drive and money exchange. LOL
01 Skorpion Traveler 660
edfmaniac

Re: How much is it worth?? Skorpion For Sale

Postby Gijoerambo » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:59 am

crikey this is all good news, as I managed to get the bike pretty cheap from a friend who had passed his test knew nothing about bikes and never ridden it.

I am a mechanic to trade and actually know a lot about most other makes and models, however Im afraid nothing about MZ...
There is a couple of MZ skorpions on our UK Ebay right now, a 2011 model with 2000 miles on the clock!! so almost new and it is buy it now £1700... and another which is 1997 and in OK condition, currently bidding..

Ill tidy mine up and go in around £1500 and see what interest I get, I did read on a website that there was only QTY30 left on the road..? with only 5 road reged left in the UK...

I wonder if you could answer a couple of questions, all the fairing and bodywork have a serial number printed on them, I would have loved to have repainted the body so it was perfect but I'm thinking these serial numbers all matching and present can only add value to an MZ buyer.?

Ill be advertising on here also with the week.

Thanks again.
Gijoerambo

Postby edfmaniac » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:00 am

No real collectors market on the mass produced models. The Skorpion Replica is a different story. Those are a rare breed indeed.
01 Skorpion Traveler 660
edfmaniac

Postby edfmaniac » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:07 am

As for the quality of the Skorpion, it's every bit as worthy as a well built Japanese bike. The engine is all Yamaha and I think the swing arm is too. The other components are up to par with Japanese components as well so the bike should trade at around the same value as any 600cc daily rider with low miles. Think first gen SV650 range.
01 Skorpion Traveler 660
edfmaniac

Re: How much is it worth?? Skorpion For Sale

Postby tigcraft » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:34 pm

Gijoerambo wrote:crikey this is all good news, as I managed to get the bike pretty cheap from a friend who had passed his test knew nothing about bikes and never ridden it.

I am a mechanic to trade and actually know a lot about most other makes and models, however Im afraid nothing about MZ...
There is a couple of MZ skorpions on our UK Ebay right now, a 2011 model with 2000 miles on the clock!! so almost new and it is buy it now £1700... and another which is 1997 and in OK condition, currently bidding..

Ill tidy mine up and go in around £1500 and see what interest I get, I did read on a website that there was only QTY30 left on the road..? with only 5 road reged left in the UK...

I wonder if you could answer a couple of questions, all the fairing and bodywork have a serial number printed on them, I would have loved to have repainted the body so it was perfect but I'm thinking these serial numbers all matching and present can only add value to an MZ buyer.?

Ill be advertising on here also with the week.

Thanks again.

The numbers your talking about could be data tag codes and are just a form of anti theft security id so not to worry about. I've never had one on these so it's not factory standard. Your bike will possibly do £700 to £1000 as the people interested in these sorry to say really don't want to pay much for them over here hence the late model 2011 one you've seen on eBay at £1700. I've a 1997 one that's newer build than the 2011 one as those were made around 1994/5 and stored some where in Japan and never sold. They came back to England in 2011 hence the new reg marks.
ETZ250, ts150, ts250, Other toys.....Trx850...Bonneville SE...Bmw f800gt bmw Rockster ...X7...GSX250KATANA ...TL1000
tigcraft

Postby Gijoerambo » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:42 am

Thanks again for the info!
I'm thinking if gumtree, eBay and the MZ facebook page, I'll also advertise here of course.
Would you recommend anywhere else to advertise?
Thanks
Gijoerambo

Postby tigcraft » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:32 pm

Piston heads but eBay is the main. Hope you do well with it.
ETZ250, ts150, ts250, Other toys.....Trx850...Bonneville SE...Bmw f800gt bmw Rockster ...X7...GSX250KATANA ...TL1000
tigcraft

Return to 660 cc