Scorpion Tour - Leaking front Grimeca Calipers...Brembo??

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Scorpion Tour - Leaking front Grimeca Calipers...Brembo??

Postby Henry74 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:31 am

Hello again,
I recently bought a Scorpion Tour and have been working on it with success to get it going running and riding fine.

So after I sorted out the Carburation problem with success from you folks I am now paying attention to leaking Grimeca front Calipers.
If I squeze hard the brake lever it does not seem to leak, but riding it and braking hard thus raising the temperature they sure leak.

So I am looking to
a. Fix them but searches for seals have been in vain
b. buy a set of 40mm Brembo brakes Cagiva mito 125 (service parts seem quite available from abroad)\

so has anybody done this conversion, I read a blog and youcanttouronasingle and this guy Norman says its plug and play.

Any body who can confirm or have a better solution please ?
Henry74

Re: Scorpion Tour - Leaking front Grimeca Calipers...Brembo?

Postby edfmaniac » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:43 pm

From everything I've read, the Brembo calipers that have the mounting bolts the correct distance from each other are a bolt on upgrade. Shouldn't need any modifications or adapters. Make sure you are getting the caliper that is from the correct side if the donor bike has twin rotors. :) And may as well upgrade the pump too. You can find Brembo stock replacement master cylinders for fairly cheap and the feel is amazing.
01 Skorpion Traveler 660
edfmaniac

Postby billr » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:56 am

edfmaniac wrote:From everything I've read, the Brembo calipers that have the mounting bolts the correct distance from each other are a bolt on upgrade. Shouldn't need any modifications or adapters. Make sure you are getting the caliper that is from the correct side if the donor bike has twin rotors. :) And may as well upgrade the pump too. You can find Brembo stock replacement master cylinders for fairly cheap and the feel is amazing.

Ditto. I got lucky and found a NOS on Ebay here in the States. Right side for a Ducati Monster.
Bolt on and go.
Haven't changed the pump, no issues to date.
Bill R
billr

Postby basser23 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:57 am

I can confirm Bill's comment...done the same with a Mito caliper on my sport...easy to do...
basser23

Postby Chuck in Indiana » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:26 am

edfmaniac wrote:From everything I've read, the Brembo calipers that have the mounting bolts the correct distance from each other are a bolt on upgrade. Shouldn't need any modifications or adapters. Make sure you are getting the caliper that is from the correct side if the donor bike has twin rotors. :) And may as well upgrade the pump too. You can find Brembo stock replacement master cylinders for fairly cheap and the feel is amazing.

Do you have a part number for the Brembo pump? I've spent a little time trolling the net, but haven't found a plug and play m/s yet..
Chuck in Indiana

Postby Henry74 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:33 pm

Hi I ordered the brembo caliper and it seems the right one. Next week I will reciew the item and will fit it :)
Henry74

Postby edfmaniac » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:09 am

Chuck in Indiana wrote:

Do you have a part number for the Brembo pump? I've spent a little time trolling the net, but haven't found a plug and play m/s yet..

This should be it. Part # : 10.4620.63 I have the 11mm but I've been told it's more for a moped even though it's very linear and has enough power to flip the bike over if I grab all of it. The 12mm is what's most recommended for the single caliper bikes like the Skorpion. Don't get anything bigger unless you want an on off switch for a front brake. :wink: https://store.bevelheaven.com/Master-Cy ... ont-Brake/
01 Skorpion Traveler 660
edfmaniac

Postby Chuck in Indiana » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:28 am

Thanks for that.. I'll get it ordered.
Chuck in Indiana

Return to 660 cc