Does a Baghira have an inertia switch?

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Does a Baghira have an inertia switch?

Postby cmg241 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:24 pm

When cranked over far in a corner the bike just about turns off, no throttle response at all until near upright. Do Baggies have inertia switch? A friend recommended hot wiring the kick stand safety switch as that could be the issue. My wife surprised me with a track day tomorrow and this needs to be fixed. New tires being mounted now so bike is not operational til early tonight to test stand safety.. Thanks in advance,
Chris G
cmg241

Re: Does a Baghira have an inertia switch?

Postby edfmaniac » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:58 pm

Never heard of an inertia switch in reference to motorcycles. Side stand switch would kill the ignition completely.

Track day? Like on a race track? Most places have very strict safety rules. You can't just show up with a street bike and get out there with people who have spent 50hrs going through their bikes to make sure everything is working properly and is safe. That includes lock wiring most of the nuts and bolts on the bike. Call before you haul to make sure your bike will pass safety inspection. :wink:
01 Skorpion Traveler 660
edfmaniac

Postby cmg241 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:32 pm

Ya me too but mechanic through it out there as possibility..

and Thanks but I am all good with track day rules. I am a former racer and that is when you need to safety wire bolts that hold liquids. Wire tie kick stand, no antifreeze, remove mirrors and tape over any glass and good to go.
cmg241

Postby DAVID THOMPSON » Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:49 pm

extreme lean angles make float bowls do funny things
Dave 2002 MZ RT125+1995 Saxon Tour(500cc)
1997 MZ 660 Traveller+6/13/09 WV USA
"IN the end times the IDIOTS will be in charge
of everything"
"I like the road less traveled if it's PAVED!"
wd8cyv at yahoo dot com
DAVID THOMPSON

Location: Parkersburg, West Virginia USA .questions answered MZ 95 up, BMW 1953 to 1979 and ham radio WD8CYV

Return to 660 cc