Scorpion sport rear shock

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Re: Scorpion sport rear shock

Postby edfmaniac » Fri May 06, 2016 6:06 pm

Can you post a model number or did they build it to your specs. It would be nice to have that in the archives for anyone who is trying to make the conversion to a better shock. Mine will be finished soon and I'll do the same. Looks like it's going to be a JRi with remote reservoir unless the shock body is too wide up at the top mount.

And my suspension guy did a good job on my forks when he set them up and installed the Race Tech emulators. You could have the same done to yours when it's time for a rebuild. ;)
01 Skorpion Traveler 660
edfmaniac

Postby Petrolhead » Sat May 07, 2016 9:36 am

Hi edf, I had mine built to suit my weight and for solo riding, no extra cost. They will also custom build for you and ship overseas. I keep going back to them because of the no fuss excellent customer service. I think they do ship overseas, Uk post is included - nice for me :wink:

Here's a link https://www.hagon-shocks.co.uk/catalog/ ... tno=M67080

Could you say what's been done to your forks and what benefits resulted? Thanks :)
Petrolhead

Postby edfmaniac » Sat May 07, 2016 5:05 pm

I don't know enough about forks to tell you really. Just that they feel more solid and in control. Emulators allow the suspension tech to better adjust how the suspension works. Between oil viscosity changes and adjustments to the emulator, you can dial in the forks for whatever purposes you require, much more like a nice USD fork.

http://www.racetech.com/page/title/Emulators
01 Skorpion Traveler 660
edfmaniac

Postby dandywarhol » Mon May 09, 2016 5:29 pm

I've fitted several Race Tech emulator kits to Yamaha forks with great results. As the name implies, the kit converts the crude damper rod system to emulate a cartridge damping system. By doing this mod, the compression damping can be adjusted for both high and low speed (fork movement speed). The rebound damping is controlled solely by oil viscosity
Whale oil beef hooked
dandywarhol

Previous

Return to 660 cc