bogging on reserve

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

bogging on reserve

Postby den » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:12 am

so i let my mz baghira run low on fuel and whilst on reserve i put 5 litres in it ,only a small amount because i'm mothballing it for the winter, anyways , i switched peticok over to ON a everything was fine , then down the road a mile she spluttered on then engine failed , pulled over and put her back on reserve and away she went , noticed now at low revs she's boggy a bit like she's running out of petrol again??I think i remember i've had this issue before with it not working well on reserve,,any ideas,befor i strip her off. whats the total amount for reserve fuel?.Am i right in thinking if fuel is being starved from the peticok the it can equate to a low float level in the carb
Oh mutly,,you did it again,she he he he he ehheheheh
den

Re: bogging on reserve

Postby DAVID THOMPSON » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:02 am

had a bunch of problems with my rt125 on reserve found that there was a bunch of crud
in the bottom of tank from the small amounts of E gas ..i used
i run pure gas most of the time

some tanks are shaped funny and have a spot where old fuel gets trapped

i usually remove and dump the tank at least once a year and park it with pure-gas

and start it often in cold weather

we have some nice days in the middle of winter here so i like to take it for a blast some times
Dave 2002 MZ RT125+1995 Saxon Tour(500cc)
1997 MZ 660 Traveller+6/13/09 WV USA
"IN the end times the IDIOTS will be in charge
of everything"
"I like the road less traveled if it's PAVED!"
wd8cyv at yahoo dot com
DAVID THOMPSON

Location: Parkersburg, West Virginia USA .questions answered MZ 95 up, BMW 1953 to 1979 and ham radio WD8CYV

Return to 660 cc