BSM Vampire Installed on Baghira SM

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

BSM Vampire Installed on Baghira SM

Postby RR » Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:28 pm

I love the look and the weight loss. It was obnoxious loud right out of the box, but I put the optional db killer in, and it helped a little (20% ??). We'll see what the rest of the neighborhood has to say.

I have done no carb work yet, but it is running fine. Feels like I'm getting somewhere between 205-208 hp at the rear wheel. I could be off a little on that estimate, by maybe 150 hp. Anyway, it feels no worse. None of that loss-of-midrange or lowered mpg so far.

Ordered it from David Silver Spares in the UK. Got good service via email, and it arrived in California in about a week.

I had to remove the guard from the header in order to twist things a half-hair to get the mid-pipe to go on.

I'm happy to recommend the equipment and David Silver Spares. Google him for a url and details.

RR

Postby keithcross » Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:40 am

Hi

I run a BSM Futrue pipe on my Baggi and it runs fine. I have run the bike on a dyno and the fuel mixture was pretty much spot on, a little rich at teh tp end but not to bad.
As for Dave Silver Spares that's who I got my pipe from and I agree with your comments. I had a bit of a problem with my pipe, the baffles came loose inside. One call to Dave Silver spares and they exchanged the smffler with a brand new one.

Keith
Ride it like you stole it
keithcross

Postby Doctor d » Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:45 am

I concur, I run the vampire pipe on my baggi, and it sounds GREAT, I ride thorugh tunnels just to let everyone else appreciate it !!!!..

However it is LOUD, (measured on a friends mobile phone at 105dB)
The Doctor

Big Bloke On A Big (Red) Bike Wiv Ickle Wheels
Doctor d

Postby BRAAAP ! » Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:56 pm

and i concurr thricely ( ? ) my baggy has got the future can with the db killer fitted from david silver spares. . .

barks well, but quiet at low revs officer. . . .

ahem. . .

:P
two wheels good, four wheels bad. . . .
BRAAAP !

Postby phlat65 » Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:58 am

nice mirrors!! are those the KTM ones? is that a GPS attachment on the bars?
2001 MZ Black Panther
2001 Suzuki RM125 (full Enduro)
Old Hondas- TT500 Ascott, 305 Dream Touring
phlat65

Postby RR » Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:36 pm

Yes, those are KTM Duke II mirrors. I think the part numbers are on the site here somewhere. I ordered them from ktm-parts.com.

The GPS is a Garmin 276C in a Touratech bracket thing. Very stable, even on rough surfaces.

More to come. I got my Scotts Performance damper finished this week. I will post info later.

Cheers,
RR
RR

Return to 660 cc