Bullet Proof Engines.

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Bullet Proof Engines.

Postby whysub01 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:38 pm

I bought a '95 Skorpion Sport with 79,000 miles on the clock, so decided to have that tuned and rebuilt rather that the two low mileage engines I have.

My engine builder had some good news. He doubts that the motor had ever been apart before, and whilst stripping it, measured everything. And everything was still in tolerance.

Don't know the history of the bike (like how it was looked after, or how frequently it was serviced), but the motor was badly corroded on the outside.

Still, big piston, rod, and race cam being firtted, plus the head will be flowed and tidied up.

Not sure where to go on the exhaust and carb, although he said the standard carb with a couple of jet changes is fine. Any suggestions re exhaust sytems?
Becoming A Track Day Addict. Baggi Well On The Way To Completion. Well, One DAy Closer................
whysub01

Partz MuZ 660

Postby sapperk9 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:50 am

Gogto:

http://www.corsemeccanica.com/mz_skorpion.htm

and drool, especially at the titanium piston and rod!

Lurve Corse Meccanica....

Jim
:smt117
"In questions of science the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." - Galileo Galilei
sapperk9

Postby whysub01 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:59 pm

I like the Skorpion thay have for sale- shame it would cost too much to ship over :cry:
Becoming A Track Day Addict. Baggi Well On The Way To Completion. Well, One DAy Closer................
whysub01

Corse Mecannica

Postby sapperk9 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:40 am

Nice people too. I used their Ti parts when I fitted a Penske shockie to my Traveller.

:smt026 Dream....:smt026

Traveller 660 and a Suzi GR650 in parts....
"In questions of science the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." - Galileo Galilei
sapperk9

Return to 660 cc