Baghira Swinging Arm Linkage.

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Baghira Swinging Arm Linkage.

Postby Zedthou » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:25 am

Baghira swinging arm linkage,most likely wasting my time here but does anybody know what linkage MZ used on the Baghira?,Yamaha,KTM perhaps?,there's no way that they would have produced a linkage specifically for the Baghira or Mastiff.

I need to replace every single bush,bearing & seal for the linkage,the main linkage-swinging arm bolt & all the ridiculous collars & spacers that go with it,i also had to get an engineer to remove it from the swinging arm,it had welded itself together with corrosion!,i called Grahams in Taunton for a quote for a complete set & they can't quote me unless i email them with the part number for each individual part listed on their website!,well they can f#ck that idea off because i'm not about to spend hours doing that!,f#cking amateurs!

They did however quote me £97 for the one main linkage bolt,i could get 3 made for that price! :smt005 :smt005 :smt005

I've got 2 other options here,either get delrin or brass bushes made,it's only a linkage,it doesn't really need roller bearings,or set fire to the bike which in all honesty would give me great satisfaction at the moment :evil: :evil: :evil: !!!
Last edited by Zedthou on Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zedthou

Re: Baghira Swinging Arm Linkage.

Postby homebrew123 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:09 am

The needle rollers are all available from bearing distributors, they all have numbers on them, the bushes are not available but could be made easily. Normally it is only the part of the bush that is in the bearing that is worn, sometimes you can turn the bush round and fit new bearing and run the unworn section of bush in the new bearing, and that will solve that problem for a while. Or move the bearings to a slightly different position if possible. All of this is only a compromise, to get you out of the shit, and really everything needs replacing when it gets that bad. The bearings are about 3 quid each for the main swinging arm last time I bought them, but the bushes are silly money from Grahams. Second hand parts in decent condition are virtually unobtainable, although BA Bikes did sell a low mileage swinging arm and linkages for about 100 quid a while ago, which if you consider the price of the bushes was very cheap. You can also fit a sealed version of the needle rollers instead of the open ones with separate seals.
homebrew123

Postby Zedthou » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:06 am

Thanks mate,yes i am planning visiting a couple of local bearing suppliers with the remnants of the bearings to see if they can help me out,sealed bearings would be a first choice if i can source them,the bushes i'm sure can be re-used,there's absolutely no way on earth that i'll be emailing Grahams Motorcycles with the part number of every single component then paying an extortionate amount of cash for them!

I've also found another Yamaha linkage on the net that looks identical,i'm in the process of trying to strike a deal for it because i'm not 100% sure it will fit,this Baghira is by far the worst bike i've ever had the misfortune of working on,everything about it is an absolute nightmare,it's little wonder the company went tits up,it's a waste of a good engine!
Zedthou

Postby Zedthou » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:45 pm

Job done,managed to source all required bearings & seals & even added an extra bearing all for a fraction over 20 quid!,the linkage now has 2 bearings running on the main linkage-swinging arm bolt as opposed to 1 bearing as standard,some pics (if photobucket still works!?)......

Edit: it would seem that my photobucket fixer no longer works....
Zedthou

Return to 660 cc