off road wheels for Baghira

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Postby keithcross » Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:55 pm

For info I am looking at fitting a set of CCM R30 (Suzuki engined model, not Rotax version)alloy wheels to my MZ.
The rear will fit with different spacers and a dierent brake disc (the CCM one is smaller)
I will try the front one this week, but cant see why it shouldent fit with a different brake disc (320mm to bif for caliper mount) also the speedo drive is on the same side as the MZ. The CCM wheel uses the same front and rear wheel bearings as the MZ, with a special sleeve to take a smaller spindle on teh front.
If these wheel fit then there seems t be no reason why CCM off road wheels shouldnt fit.
Off road wheels for th CCM come up on Ebay Uk quite regularly.

Keith
Ride it like you stole it
keithcross

Postby F0ul_Oli » Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:14 pm

The one thing thatś bugging me at the moment is that fitting off road wheels will mean that I have to change the caliper as well - or at least the bracket for it.

Is that the case?

And would it be true for both the front and the back?
I will only run out of ways of modify the Baggy when it weighs less that 100 kg and runs 100 bhp at the back wheel!!

http://www.businessandit.co.uk - putting the IT in Profit!
F0ul_Oli

Postby keithcross » Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:20 pm

You ony need to change the front brake caliper bracket if you change the disc size. Just use (carfully) the 300mm disc on your off road wheels. The only reason the calip bracket is different is that the Baggi Enduro uses a smaller front disc.

Keith
keithcross

Postby phlat65 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:49 pm

to answer you question Hoke, the KTM wheel has a cush drive hub already.
2001 MZ Black Panther
2001 Suzuki RM125 (full Enduro)
Old Hondas- TT500 Ascott, 305 Dream Touring
phlat65

Postby F0ul_Oli » Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:39 pm

keithcross wrote:You ony need to change the front brake caliper bracket if you change the disc size. Just use (carfully) the 300mm disc on your off road wheels. The only reason the calip bracket is different is that the Baggi Enduro uses a smaller front disc.

Keith

So if I put larger discs on the front of the off road wheels, that would get rid of the need for a bracket change?

Oli
I will only run out of ways of modify the Baggy when it weighs less that 100 kg and runs 100 bhp at the back wheel!!

http://www.businessandit.co.uk - putting the IT in Profit!
F0ul_Oli

Postby keithcross » Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:27 pm

If you use a 300mm disc then the existing braket and caliper can be used. Providing the caliper lines up with the disc on the new wheel.

Keith
keithcross

Postby simon duval smith » Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:24 am

Hi there foul
I don't suppose you are still looking - I have a brand new set of factory wheels with discs and a longer sidestand, with brand new enduro tyres etc. These came with my new Baghira two onths ago and have sat in the shed since. Might sell or swap for something interesting. What have you to swap?
I am based in North London but travel across London a lot. Am not coiming North for a while though.
2005 Baghira
simon duval smith

Postby skyfroggy » Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:47 pm

Hey Simon,

If Foul doesn't want 'em, and if you're willing to ship to the U.S., I'm interested. How much would you want for 'em?

Thanks. :)
skyfroggy

Postby Anders-MZ » Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:51 pm

phlat65 wrote:to answer you question Hoke, the KTM wheel has a cush drive hub already.

I think the question is if the MZ "cush-part" that the sprocket is bolted to fits the KTM wheels hubb.
In most ads here in Sweden used wheels are sold without the "cush-part".
I dont know the name for the part but I hope if you understand what I mean.
Anders-MZ

Postby phlat65 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:00 pm

the stock MZ (yamaha XT) sprocket carrier does not fit into the KTM wheel, but why would someone sell a wheel without the sprocket carrier.
2001 MZ Black Panther
2001 Suzuki RM125 (full Enduro)
Old Hondas- TT500 Ascott, 305 Dream Touring
phlat65

Previous

Return to 660 cc