Nightmare starting bike

Black Panther/Street Moto, Baghira, Enduro, Mastiff, Skorpion Traveller and Tour.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Nightmare starting bike

Postby Sully5976 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:22 am

Hi there. I have sifted the forum but can’t find any advice
2002 baghira

having starting issues
Yesterday wouldn’t start ( turns over has fuel (( it’s a spark issue)
Played around with wires etc and after few hours it sparked and started brilliant few times

Went to work and stared fine 3 times
I ride bike home today, stopped for half hour and went to go back out and wouldn’t start. Turns over fine

Here is what I do

Ingnition On
Kill switch to run
Bike turns over
No spark to plug

relay is clicking when using kill switch so know it has power , is there any hidden fuses apart from the 4 in the wee box?

I pulled the bike apart chasing things but can’t see any issues apart from no spark.
Have taken plug out and done spark test against frame and. Followed wires and can’t see any disconnects
acter about an hour of scratching head it did spark very short period then went again

I don’t have a multi meter yet but getting one today

Can it be noted that sometime recently when I stop bike I have switched kill switch to off but bike did still run for a short period maybe three seconds where before it died bike immediately , I am not sure but can kill switch become faulty as in it allows bike to turn over but prevent a spark ? Or am I just being thick lol

Side stand switch is fine. Relays are all clicking as expected , bike turns over fine plenty power.

Endless and gutted. Any help available please.
Sully5976

Re: Nightmare starting bike

Postby DAVID THOMPSON » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:51 am

the contacts in rely 19/30 may be sticking or dirty
its turned off and on by the kill switch
and is the same relay but numbered different on electrical drawings for mz bikes

it controls all power in the bike
its found on 660 and 125 cc mz bikes
Dave 2002 MZ RT125+1995 Saxon Tour(500cc)
1997 MZ 660 Traveller+6/13/09 WV USA
"IN the end times the IDIOTS will be in charge
of everything"
"I like the road less traveled if it's PAVED!"
wd8cyv at yahoo dot com
DAVID THOMPSON

Location: Parkersburg, West Virginia USA .questions answered MZ 95 up, BMW 1953 to 1979 and ham radio WD8CYV

Return to 660 cc