Eletric parts for MZ RT 125

SM, SX, RT, FunX, and models re-branded as ATK in U.S.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Eletric parts for MZ RT 125

Postby KAARVAAG » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:40 pm

Hey!
I'm a 16 year old boy,wich just got his brothers MZ RT125 and it is a beauty! Only problem about the bike is that all of the electricity is destroyed,and have to be replaced. This is a huge problem for me since I live in a small country called Norway,and the bike is not known here at all. So as you might figured out,my problem is that I need these parts,but they are impossible to find here in Norway,and also very expensive if I would find anything.
My question to all of you is: How much does this cost? And where can I get the parts that I need to a reasonable price?
It seems like this bike is well known in Germany,and east-European countries.

I also have to ask: If I get the all the parts,will it be difficult to install correctly?

- Kaarvaag,Norway :)
KAARVAAG

Re: Eletric parts for MZ RT 125

Postby OSPRNG » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:34 pm

as far as parts availability, try ebay and/or do a google search for "mz parts" which gave me a whole bunch of links for stores in europe.
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=c ... rts+europe

just go with what ever is closest to you.
as far as installation and idnetifying what parts you need, you definitely need to find a manual. what year RT is this?
heres to get you started:
for the modern RT, another user here Dave Thompson might be able to answer any specific questions you have.
search.php?keywords=rt+manual&terms=all&author=&fid[]=4&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&sid=54f4e06899e4376b32742cd4293abf22&submit=Search

i was able to sort my bike with the help of dave and others on this board,
but it took some patience and investing in tools :)
OSPRNG

Re: Eletric parts for MZ RT 125

Postby silectric » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:26 am

You could always try:

http://grahamsmotorcycles.com/index.htm in the UK. If you phone you might even get the young lady mechanic answering! :lol:
silectric

Return to 125 cc