Front brake light switch

Mechanical issues and How-to articles.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Front brake light switch

Postby suzukix7 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:49 pm

Hi guys,
I want to fit a front brake light switch to my TS150 that runs drum brakes.
Is there a switch that MZ supply for drum brake machines at all?

Cheers Dave :?:
suzukix7

Re: Front brake light switch

Postby Agronski » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:57 pm

I've also been looking for a solution to this problem for a while - haven't found any 100% satisfactory answers, except this one which comes close:

http://www.thisoldtractor.com/moto_guzz ... ront-.html

There's not really anywhere on the single-piece brake lever housing to attach a plunger style brake-switch. The housing that the brake lever mounts into might just tolerate a hole being drilled behind where the lever sits (under the cable adjuster) but doing so on the original DDR-grade aluminium is a serious risk. I like the idea of using a microswitch, but the TS handlebar controls don't have a suitable mounting hole for an improvised bracket...

I'm still trying to puzzling out a suitable mounting bracket, maybe using the lever hinge-screw as a mounting hole. But if you come up with something better and works, let us know!

___
Agronski

Re: Front brake light switch

Postby therealche » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:14 pm

I know that MZ actually did do a front brake plate for the TS250 ( not the same as your unfortunately) which had the same hit and miss brake light switch built into it. I know it was used for the bikes sent to the USA. I don't know if one was produced for the TS125/ 150 so it looks like you will have to bodge... I mean fabricate something yourself.
009-1.jpg
ES250 Doppelport, ES250, ES250/1, ES250/2,ETS 250, ES150, ETS150, BK350, IWL Pitty, SR56 Wiesel, SR59 Berlin, Troll............ and thats just the German two strokes!
http://thecomeconcollection.blogspot.com/
therealche

Return to Mechanic/Tech Talk