MZ 125 UPGRADE GUIDE TO 150CC KIT

SM, SX, RT, FunX, and models re-branded as ATK in U.S.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

head mods..??

Postby jayded1 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:31 pm

if anyone has a reputable vendor that can mod or gas flow the head please share......the performance gains from that alone will outweigh the extra 25cc that a 150kit gives
125 sx
In Bermuda
jayded1

Postby jbthumper » Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:33 am

guys!i feel like a complete LOOSER!!!want to know why??because my tuning problem wasn't caused by the carb!! it was my exhaust!!!thanks mike for bringing the exhaust thingy up!!
what i did was make it less restrictive...now it idles fine.... :smt033
this means even if i used liquid oxygen for my bike it's still won't have idle well :lol: .....will let u guys know if there's any gain or if it just a waste of petrol in a few days...

jayded1,
u mean to say that installing larger valves for intake ports will out do the 150 kit??
jbthumper

Postby micheleen » Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:53 am

Glad you sussed it JB :-D
As regards the head, I would think the first things would be cleaning up intake and exhaust ports and matching then to the manifolds, possibly smoothing the gasflow at the valveseats as well. This is all professional stuff in my book though and certainly before having valve seats reworked for larger valves. I'd imagine any decent engine tuner could do the headwork ok.

Cheers, Mike
micheleen

Heart transplant failed

Postby jbthumper » Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:42 pm

OK. That's it!!!I give up!!
my carb doesn't pull well underload...apparently my carb that doesn't have an air mix adjuster,spells trouble. :(
sure it can idle well...so what...
i feel like the carb gives my bike too much of everything...air and fuel...
so i've decided to scrap the project.....(sigh)
i guess it'd only work on 2 strokes...
But can't say anything about the one sold on the net though...because it's different..

next project
125EFi :-D
jbthumper

Re: Heart transplant failed

Postby mxsteven » Tue May 24, 2005 12:46 am

well at first my bike had the same idling problem too... so at last i found out it is the exhaust... so now i replace the whole system to Answer S11 system... Next month wanna 2 try the super trapp coz this answer exhaust is quite noisy.. and i found out 2nd thing, do u notice that when u pull ur handle to ur right while u idling then ur idle goes unstable...? Thats the throttle cable problem... i rearrange the cable but still sometime happen again... arrggghhh.... i just ignore the problem which is rev and go heheheh..

jbthumper wrote:OK. That's it!!!I give up!!
my carb doesn't pull well underload...apparently my carb that doesn't have an air mix adjuster,spells trouble. :(
sure it can idle well...so what...
i feel like the carb gives my bike too much of everything...air and fuel...
so i've decided to scrap the project.....(sigh)
i guess it'd only work on 2 strokes...
But can't say anything about the one sold on the net though...because it's different..

next project
125EFi :-D
Where u go, it's up to u,
Where u ride, it's in ur hand,
What u think, it's in ur mind,
Think b4 u do, Ride safe.

MXsteven
mxsteven

Postby tjchick » Tue May 24, 2005 5:42 am

These people can gas flow the head:

http://www.mz-faber.de/MZWeb/catalog.as ... c7cf91718e

(This site has been posted before, and is in German)

Those of you with the 150cc kit - how much did it effect the performance?

Tim
tjchick

Postby jbthumper » Thu May 26, 2005 2:48 pm

mxsteven wrote:well at first my bike had the same idling problem too... so at last i found out it is the exhaust... so now i replace the whole system to Answer S11 system... Next month wanna 2 try the super trapp coz this answer exhaust is quite noisy.. and i found out 2nd thing, do u notice that when u pull ur handle to ur right while u idling then ur idle goes unstable...? Thats the throttle cable problem... i rearrange the cable but still sometime happen again... arrggghhh.... i just ignore the problem which is rev and go heheheh..

that's caused by your choke cable....i think you ran the cable on the wrong path...try adjusting to another path...that should help.

p/s:i'm using supertrapp...if you want quiet,this is definitely not it. :)
jbthumper

Postby iskarin » Thu May 26, 2005 3:09 pm

JB n MXsteven any plc in KL can get a good exhaust? JB do u get ur supertrapp locally or over the net (Is it from S'pore) Give some recommendation guys planning to get one next week.
- Ride With Me -
:smt096 MZ 125 SM
iskarin

Postby mxsteven » Thu May 26, 2005 11:50 pm

hehehe currently my bike exhaust is quite loud.... not to say it loud but damn bloody loud....... u know what i used a 2 stoke exhaust on a 4 stroke bike hahahah... just because i like the simple design.... Supertrapp would be just nice... if u want a carbonfiber custom exhaust, just letme know... cheap cheap onli..

iskarin wrote:

JB n MXsteven any plc in KL can get a good exhaust? JB do u get ur supertrapp locally or over the net (Is it from S'pore) Give some recommendation guys planning to get one next week.

MXsteven
mxsteven

Postby jbthumper » Tue May 31, 2005 12:47 pm

There's this other forum where someone mentions about a 170cc kit for the MZ125 from powroll,however the rumour is not true...i sent them an email here's what follows...

Hello Din,

We are not doing any additional parts for the MZ. The new owners of the MZ
corporation have decided not to pursue any performance products with us for
this engine.

Thanks,

Pam F.
Powroll Inc.
http://www.powroll.com
Phone (541) 923-1290
Fax (541) 923-5637

> -----Original Message-----
> From: WAN DIN [mailto:w_din@hotmail.com]
> Sent: Sunday, May 29, 2005 2:18 AM
> To: mail@powroll.com
> Subject: Big Bore kit for MZ 125SM/SX
>
> Dear Sir/Madam,
>
> I have hear rumours that Powroll is coming up with a 170cc big bore
kit for the MZ 125SM/SX. Is this true? Is it still under RnD?If it is true,
when would it be expected to be available to the market? What is the
estimated price?
>
> I hope you can answer all of my questions to clear my
> doubts. Thanks.
>
>
>
> Regards,
> Din.

well...just sad... :(
jbthumper

Re: MZ 125 UPGRADE GUIDE TO 150CC KIT

Postby BakBer » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:58 pm

somebody jump in here and tell me were to get the 150cc kit... You guys need the :smt021
BakBer

Postby mxsteven » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:03 pm

BakBer wrote:somebody jump in here and tell me were to get the 150cc kit... You guys need the :smt021

hi there,

you need a 150 kit? first please let me know what is your location? if youre in malaysia then i think it would be not a problem!

ps: Hi to everyone :smt006 ... sorry that im long lost... i hope everyone here is better than before. well i havent ride my bike since 2007 coz i dont have the time to ride now. i planned to get my bike service next month and put my bike back on road!

MXsteven
mxsteven

Postby BakBer » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:51 pm

Well...I do need to replace my rings so yes I need it. LOL! I'm in The US but I'm willing to pay shipping depending on the price of the kit. I can have my cylinder machined locally if the kit is only a piston.

What kind of power increase did you see when you did your kit?

Thanks for coming on here. I was going to try and Email you b/c it didn't look like you had been on here for a while.
BakBer

Postby mxsteven » Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:13 pm

BakBer wrote:Well...I do need to replace my rings so yes I need it. LOL! I'm in The US but I'm willing to pay shipping depending on the price of the kit. I can have my cylinder machined locally if the kit is only a piston.

Thanks for coming on here. I was going to try and Email you b/c it didn't look like you had been on here for a while.

I can ship you the piston and stuff but you will need to rebore your piston block and mod the slinder water jacket for a better cooling.
the power increment was dramatic which it produce the power equivalent to Honda XR200 coz i have tested! The torque improves a lot!
i have even tried to make the stroke longer which increase up to 178cc but the starter cant crank due to higher compression! now i balance my crankshaft
back to standard mod!

The piston and the rings is very cheap here! let me get back to you with the pricing! i think i will ship to you 2 sets hahaha
i done all my mods less than 300USD including labour charges for boring and machinery stuff! :mrgreen:

MXsteven
mxsteven

Postby BakBer » Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:37 pm

mxsteven wrote:
BakBer wrote:Well...I do need to replace my rings so yes I need it. LOL! I'm in The US but I'm willing to pay shipping depending on the price of the kit. I can have my cylinder machined locally if the kit is only a piston.

I can ship you the piston and stuff but you will need to rebore your piston block and mod the slinder water jacket for a better cooling.
the power increment was dramatic which it produce the power equivalent to Honda XR200 coz i have tested! The torque improves a lot!
i have even tried to make the stroke longer which increase up to 178cc but the starter cant crank due to higher compression! now i balance my crankshaft
back to standard mod!

The piston and the rings is very cheap here! let me get back to you with the pricing! i think i will ship to you 2 sets hahaha
i done all my mods less than 300USD including labour charges for boring and machinery stuff! :mrgreen:

Thank you

Please inform on where the water jacket modification needs to me made. What is the dimension of the cylinder bore for the new piston? Also is there any way to modify my CDI to increase max RPM?
BakBer

PreviousNext

Return to 125 cc